Assisted Living Community in Shakopee, MN
Inspiring independence with intuitive support.
When the effects of aging or chronic illness make daily living activities a challenge and threaten to diminish independence, seniors looking for assisted living in Shakopee, MN, turn to one of Benedictine Living Community’s two assisted living facilities — Benedictine Gardens and Benedictine Windermere Way — for help. The senior living team at our assisted living community provides respectful, dignified care based on individual needs and preferences, with the goal of empowering each resident’s maximum level of independence. All the while, you can enjoy the comforts of home in whichever one of our assisted living apartments you choose. Residents of the Gardens also have easy access through indoor hallways to doctor appointments and services at St. Francis Regional Medical Center.
Our professional nursing staff personalized services ranging from light daily tasks to assistance with mobility, dressing, bathing and grooming. Medication management and medical assistance are available, as are spiritual care, recreational and social activities, and transportation. With Benedictine’s assisted living in Shakopee, MN, you can continue to enjoy independence while also giving yourself and your family the priceless gift of peace of mind.
Our assisted living senior care features:
- One- and two-bedroom assisted living apartments that include a full kitchen and living room (The Gardens offers studio apartments.)
- Person-centered wellness plans
- Housekeeping with weekly bathroom and kitchen cleaning, vacuuming, and daily trash removal
- Daily well-being checks
- Restaurant-style meals three times a day and afternoon snack provided
- 24-hour monitoring and emergency response staff
- Professional, friendly assistance with bathing, dressing, mobility and medication management*
- Access to community amenities, including dining room, common areas and activity room
- Social, educational, spiritual and recreational programs
- Variety of wellness and recreational activities
- Weekly Catholic Mass and Protestant services
- Convenient connection to St. Francis Regional Medical Center (Gardens only)
- Outdoor garden area with walking path and comfortable chairs
- Personalized grocery shopping
- Exercise programs
- Laundry service for up to two loads per week
- Convenient laundry facilities on-site
- Resident services coordination
- Utilities included (heat, electric, water, trash)
- On-site beauty salon/barbershop
- On-site parking
- Medical recordkeeping
- Nurse liaison with health care professionals
- Access to our continuum of senior living services
- Additional services available through our personalized daily care packages
*Services available for a fee.
Our team provides respectful, dignified care based on individual needs and preferences, with the goal of empowering each resident’s maximum level of independence.
Windermere Way Assisted living floor plans
Take a virtual tour of our residences
How do I know if assisted living is the right choice?
Assisted living is ideal for people who can still live independently, but need extra assistance with daily tasks such as taking medication, bathing, dressing, making meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Our trained, caring staff members provide individualized support designed to help each resident maintain their highest level of independence. For more information, read our blog post, When is Assisted Living Needed?
How does assisted living differ from skilled nursing?
Skilled nursing offers a higher level of medical care, usually for people who have numerous, ongoing health care requirements. Assisted living is intended for people who are generally able to care for themselves except for a few activities with which they require help — for example, preparing meals, bathing, dressing, or performing household chores. Assisted living is also helpful for people who are sometimes confused or experiencing memory problems. For more information, read our blog post, Assisted Living: A Closer Look.
How do I talk with my parent about moving to assisted living?
Talking with a parent about moving to a senior living community can be difficult. That’s why we’ve put together a helpful blog post, Talking With a Parent About Transitioning to Senior Living, with advice on how to approach this important conversation. Once a decision has been made, you can help make your parent’s transition smoother. You’ll find some helpful tips in our blog post, Easing the Transition to Senior Housing.
Can I have guests and visitors in assisted living?
Your guests — grandchildren, family and friends — are always welcome to visit you in your home. They’re also more than welcome to enjoy our recreational facilities, amenities, activities and dining venues with you while visiting. Some Benedictine living communities also offer guest rooms that can be reserved and rented for visiting family members and friends.
Are Benedictine’s assisted living communities pet-friendly?
Most of our communities are pet-friendly and welcome dogs, cats, birds and fish upon approval through our Pet Admissions Program. When you visit, be sure to ask about the pet policy and approval process, and find out which areas of the community are pet-friendly. All our communities accept service dogs and certified companion animals.
Can assisted living residents bring a car?
While residents may bring a car, our communities provide transportation options that make a car unnecessary.