Assisted Living Facility in Crookston, MN
Committed to health, wellness and choice.
Sometimes, all it takes is a helping hand to allow us to stay active and connected. At Benedictine Living Community-Crookston, we’ll help you be as independent as possible while remaining close to your Crookston friends, family and activities. Our assisted living community provides personalized care and peace of mind, as our teams share expertise and support with a larger network of Benedictine professionals throughout the Midwest.
“Benedictine Crookston truly is a wonderful place to live…. If you’re looking for great care, this is the place to be.”
– Summit Tenant
At Benedictine Crookston, you will find a social community of older adults enjoying fun activities designed to make the most of every day. Our approach to wellness takes into account the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each person we serve, as part of our Benedictine mission.
Our tenants enjoy cozy apartments— efficiency, one bedroom or two bedroom/two bath — with stunning views of the Red River Valley sunrises, sunsets and much more.
Our professional staff of nurses and other qualified caregivers provides personalized services ranging from light daily tasks to assistance with mobility, dressing, bathing and grooming. Medication management and medical assistance are available, as are spiritual care, recreational and social activities, and transportation. With assisted living, you can continue to enjoy independence while also giving yourself and your family the priceless gift of peace of mind.
Services and amenities include:
- Bright and cozy apartments, most with full kitchens
- Select apartments with bathtubs; others with walk-in showers
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with many walking paths, raised vegetable gardens, flower beds, rooftop terraces, outdoor patio with patio swing
- Restaurant-style dining room with afternoon and evening snacks
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Electricity, cable TV, WIFI, water, and trash removal included
- 7 laundry rooms with coin-free washers and dryers
- 24-hour, CPR-certified nursing staff available
- Self-controlled heat and air conditioning
- Free off-street parking
- Emergency call light system and Life Alert pendant
- Chapel services, spiritual and pastoral care
- Entertainment, exercise, enrichment and social activities
- Daily wellness checks and regular nurse visits
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- Individualized care plans managed by licensed nurses
- Communal areas, including lounge areas, library, and exercise room
- Adjacent to Benedictine Living Community-Crookston short-term care and rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory care
Available for an additional cost:
- RN and LPN visits
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Laundry services with delivery
- Dietary/nutritional evaluations and consultations
- Three meals a day in the dining rooms
- Professional, friendly assistance with bathing, dressing, mobility and medication management
- Temporary care/respite care options
Now offering Long and Short Stays in Assisted Living. Join us for as little as a week, a month, or longer! Contact us to find out more.
Take a peek inside
Our assisted living apartments allow the space to suit your lifestyle. Choose from efficiency, one- or two-bedroom layouts. Click on the virtual tour for a 360-degree view of some of our apartment options.
Call (218)-281-3424, or use the form on this page to learn more about the assisted living services available to seniors of Polk County.
What is assisted living?
Assisted living is ideal for people who can still live independently, but need extra assistance with daily tasks such as taking medication, bathing, dressing, making meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Our trained, caring staff members provide individualized support designed to help each resident maintain their highest level of independence. For more information, read our blog post, When is Assisted Living Needed?
How does assisted living differ from skilled nursing?
Skilled nursing offers a higher level of medical care, usually for people who have numerous, ongoing health care requirements. Assisted living is intended for people who are generally able to care for themselves except for a few activities with which they require help — for example, preparing meals, bathing, dressing, or performing household chores. Assisted living is also helpful for people who are sometimes confused or experiencing memory problems. For more information, read our blog post, Assisted Living: A Closer Look.
How do I talk with my parent about moving to assisted living?
Talking with a parent about moving to a senior living community can be difficult. That’s why we’ve put together a helpful blog post, Talking With a Parent About Transitioning to Senior Living, with advice on how to approach this important conversation. Once a decision has been made, you can help make your parent’s transition smoother. You’ll find some helpful tips in our blog post, Easing the Transition to Senior Housing.
Can I have guests and visitors in assisted living?
Your guests — grandchildren, family and friends — are always welcome to visit you in your home. They’re also more than welcome to enjoy our recreational facilities, amenities, activities and dining venues with you while visiting. Some Benedictine living communities also offer guest rooms that can be reserved and rented for visiting family members and friends.
Are Benedictine’s assisted living communities pet-friendly?
Most of our communities are pet-friendly and welcome dogs, cats, birds and fish upon approval through our Pet Admissions Program. When you visit, be sure to ask about the pet policy and approval process, and find out which areas of the community are pet-friendly. All our communities accept service dogs and certified companion animals.
Can assisted living residents bring a car?
While residents may bring a car, our communities provide transportation options that make a car unnecessary.