Important Coronavirus Information
March 1, 2021
At Benedictine Living Community-Winona, our priority is the health and wellness of our residents and employees. We know that the frail and elderly are especially susceptible to the coronavirus. That is why we have been doing all we can to prevent the spread of this virus onto our campus.
We are excited as our COVID-19 vaccination program for our residents and employees continues. Benedictine Saint Anne hosted its third vaccine clinic on Feb. 26. Benedictine Callista Court hosted its second vaccine clinic on Feb. 17 and will host its third vaccine clinic on March 17.
We encourage everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you, particularly those who are at increased risk for severe illness. Getting this vaccine will not only protect you from being infected; it will help us take a big step towards ending this pandemic.
At this time, the CDC recommends that we continue to follow all current infection prevention and control recommendations, regardless of vaccination status, as they continue to gather additional information about the vaccine’s effectiveness in preventing and transmitting COVID-19. Until we receive updated guidance from State and Federal regulators, infection control practices and the safety protocols must remain in place.
As we wait for all to receive the vaccine, we urge everyone to remain vigilant with wearing face masks and wearing them properly, to practice good hand hygiene and to maintain social distance.
Because the health and safety of our residents and employees is our priority, Benedictine Living Community-Winona is offering regular and as needed coronavirus testing to our residents and employees. We will post an update on our hotline if we identify any new positive cases. We continue to closely monitor all residents and employees for signs and symptoms of the virus.
All our employees are following the latest infection control protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and our state and local health departments. As an extra precaution as of July 31, we have closed the Benedictine Adult Day Center until further notice. We have shared this information directly with our clients and their families.
Please check our hotline – 507-454-1000 – for the latest COVID-19 update.
Our Infection Control Measures:
Beginning in March, we implemented all recommended guidance from the CDC, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and our state and local health departments to protect our residents and staff. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus has:
- Monitored and screened all residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature and oxygen levels.
- Provided a mask to wear when our caregivers are in their room or to wear if they leave their room for any reason.
- Encouraged health care providers to use telehealth when possible.
- Offered socially distanced meal service and activities.
- Restricted visitors to only essential health care services and compassionate care situations such as end of life. Even those visitors must be screened and free of symptoms before they are allowed to enter with protective precautions in place.
- Screened all our associates for symptoms and temperature at the beginning of their shift each day. Associates are not allowed in the building if they are ill.
- Required all associates to wear face masks and eye protection.
- Implemented enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building.
In spite of the restrictions, we’ve also been creative in offering social and spiritual activities to keep spirits up. We encourage friends and family to keep in touch through mail, e-mail and/or video chat.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers, who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We all remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.