Nonprofit Senior Living and Faith-Based Organization
Building with vision, confidence and conviction.
Since 1985, Benedictine has established itself as a collaborative leader in the senior living space. Whether you are seeking strategic consulting services, senior living development, or partnership and ownership solutions, Benedictine has the knowledge and experience that can help your organization succeed.
Strategic Consulting Services
Whether you are seeking master planning, providing services to a proposed or active development project, reviewing your operations, or providing select ongoing services, Benedictine has a team of professionals with years of industry experience who provide strategic consulting services. In cases where Benedictine is not able to assist you directly with your specific need, the company will connect you with those who can provide a solution.
Senior Living Development
Benedictine has over $600 million of senior living assets under management. All of these have either been developed by Benedictine from the ground up, or redeveloped once acquired. This long track record has clarified a simple development process which we have found successful. Benedictine can develop or provide consulting services for your project at any point in the process.
– Ideation and Creation
- Clarify the mission and vision of the project and owner
- Locate potential site
- Informally test demand
- Evaluate potential land and construction cost metrics
- Create initial project sketch
– Evaluation and Feasibility
- Commission correct market study
- Project lease-up timelines and how it informs construction timelines
- Evaluate and plan construction phasing, costing, and timelines
- Specify design program, unit types, care types, and amenities
- Create a proforma balancing market demand, construction realities, ability to finance, and lease-up timelines
– Design and Contracting
- Land acquisition
- Obtain zoning and entitlements
- Contract with builder and architect
- Obtain financing required
– Construction and Warranty
- Ensure construction delivers upon project integrity and quality
- Construction project monitoring
- Submission of construction pay applications and ensure proper lien releases
- Ensure correction of 12-24 month warranty items
- Obtain certificate of occupancy
– Marketing and Operations
- Prepare a marketing plan
- Hire and manage sales and leasing team
- Train and hire operations staff
- Open the project
Partnership and Ownership
Benedictine has grown from one skilled nursing facility in 1985 to over 30 communities in 5 states. Benedictine has grown through acquisition, partnership, sponsorship transitions, and joint ventures. We welcome inquiries from those senior-serving organizations that share our values and are interested in partnership opportunities. To learn more please call 1-800-833-7208 or use the form on this page to provide your information and one of our experts will contact you soon.