Covid PreparednessDecember 11, 2020
At Benedictine Madonna Towers, Meadows and Byron we care deeply for those entrusted to our care and their families. The health and safety of our
residents and employees is our top priority.
Following are just some of the protocols and safeguards we have in place:
- Utilizing Benedictine internal experts which include a certified infection prevention specialist and experienced medical director.
- Following all recommended guidance and requirements from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and state and local health departments.
- Implementing screenings of all employees for symptoms and temperature at the beginning of their shift each day. Staff are not allowed in the building if ill.
- Requiring all employees to wear face masks and face shields at all times.
- Restricting visitation to align with our state standards for safety. All visitors are required to pass a health screening and temperature check prior to entering and wear a face mask at all times. Care providers wear eye protection and gloves.
- Implementing enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high touch areas throughout the building.
- Conducting daily monitoring and screening of all residents for fever and respiratory symptoms, temperature, and oxygen levels.
- Conducting weekly Covid testing for all staff and residents.
- Providing face masks to all residents to wear whenever staff enter their room and when they leave their room for any reason.
- Offering socially distanced meal service, activities and visitation as determined by state and local standards.
- Providing social, health/wellness, and spiritual offerings in new and creative ways
- Offering virtual programs for residents to stay in touch regularly with friends and family.
- Encouraging outside medical personnel to use telehealth contacts when possible.
- Offering virtual tours of our communities in place of in-person visits, if requested.