Benedictine’s Direct Admissions program makes receiving care simpler for manyFebruary 23, 2021
Benedictine provides an innovative process called “direct admissions” for those people who need extra care but who do not meet requirements for hospitalization. This process allows people to be admitted directly to a Benedictine Living Community for short-term care or rehabilitation services. That’s right — you can come straight from your home to a Benedictine Living Community with no hospital stay required.
You might be interested in a direct admission to a Benedictine Living Community rehabilitation center if:
- Your in-home health service and/or adult day services are not meeting all of your needs;
- You’ve had an outpatient procedure and are seeking additional recovery services;
- You are a caregiver and you are struggling to care for a loved one at home;
- You’ve had a recent emergency room visit and need follow-up care, yet do not meet hospitalization criteria;
- You’ve had a recent fall, accident, or injury at home and need help recovering.
Services available through direct admissions include:
- Skilled nursing care
- Alzheimer’s/dementia support
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Strengthening and rehabilitation
- Clinical monitoring
- Opportunities for socialization and enrichment
- Health and wellness activities
- Spiritual support
- End-of-life care/hospice
- Respite care
- And more
How Benedictine’s Direct Admissions program works
- We ask for your insurance coverage information;
- You provide documentation of a recent physical exam and current medical history from your physician;
- You provide any current doctor’s orders you have, including:
- Current diagnosis
- Code levels (if relevant)
- Current activity level
You’ll find a caring, safe environment at our Benedictine Living Communities. Benedictine is committed to working with enhanced safeguards and infection control processes to protect the health, safety, and wellness of residents and staff. This is our commitment to you, your family, and our teams.
For more information, call or email the contact at the Benedictine Living Community you are interested in. You can find contact information for all of our locations here.