RESPITE CARE IN ANOKA, MN
Supportive, compassionate care and comfort
Respite Care at Benedictine Living Community-Anoka provides short-term care after a hospital stay, during an illness or when hospice at home is not possible.
It also allows family caregivers an opportunity to take a break. Providing daily care to someone you love can be a demanding, full-time job. Add other responsibilities like a career or children, and being a caregiver can feel overwhelming. Respite Care offers much-needed support.
Respite Care Amenities:
- Cozy, furnished one-bedroom apartments with full kitchen and bath
- Personalized care available 24/7, with nursing services such as medication administration and management
- Three meals daily
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Social, educational and spiritual care programs
- Emergency alert pendant
Minimum respite stay: 2 weeks
Enhanced Respite Care for Hospice:
- Includes Respite Care Amenities
- Apartment features sleeper sofa so family members can stay close
- Includes coordination of care with a hospice provider
- Must be enrolled with a hospice provider prior to the respite stay
- Hospice provider will supply medications, therapy and equipment
Minimum enhanced respite for hospice stay: 1 week
Benedictine Living Community-Anoka is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood and offers park and garden views. Our restaurant-style dining room is renowned for delicious, made-from-scratch meals.
A licensed nurse is on-site Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm and a registered nurse is on call 24/7. A certified nurse assistant is on-site 24/7.
What is respite care?
Respite care provides short-term care after a hospital stay, during an illness or when hospice at home is not possible. It also allows family caregivers an opportunity to take a break. Overnight stays can be arranged in one of our residential care communities with a minimum stay of two weeks.
What is included in respite care?
Professional caregivers provide short-term, round-the-clock care in a comfortable, secure environment. Meals, housekeeping and social opportunities are typically included. Some services such as medication management or therapy may incur an additional fee. Request details when you visit the community.
Will Medicare cover respite care?
Medicare provides limited coverage for respite care when an individual is receiving hospice services. For more information, visit the Medicare website.