COVID Update – Tuesday July 27, 2021
At Benedictine Living Community-Shakopee, protecting the health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority. We appreciate all the support that we receive from residents, patients and their families.
We are pleased to share that we can continue with our current procedures and all units are open for visitors.
Current guidelines include:
- Everyone must screen in through the kiosk. Please be sure to print your badge after screening in. Each person must screen in and wear a visitor badge.
- Masks must be worn by everyone in our building. Visitors may wear either cloth or surgical masks.
- No eating or drinking is allowed with any residents or patients within our building or on our grounds.
- When outdoors, if the patient/resident and visitor are both vaccinated, they may remove their mask, but if they aren’t both vaccinated the masks must stay on. Please remember to put mask on when you come inside.
- Patients or residents who are on precautions may not have any visitors.
- Receptionists are available to help screen in at St. Gertrude’s and The Gardens during these hours:
- TCU Entrance
- Monday – Friday 8:15 AM – 6:45 PM
- Saturday & Sunday 10:15 AM – 1:45 PM
- Main Entrance (For Gardens Residents)
- Monday – Friday 8:15 AM – 3:45 PM
We are no longer in Outbreak testing, therefore our testing will be based on a monthly basis for our associates. Please note: we will be reporting the new positive cases on our hotline 952-206-8945 – on the day we receive notification.
Please be aware that if we have any positive COVID-19 cases or if the coronavirus test positivity rates in our county rises, our visitation could be modified with little or no notice.
Scott County positivity rate is 2.2 %.
- Is open for visitor except Patients / Residents who are on infection control precautions may not host any essential caregivers or visitors. If you have questions, please contact their social worker or nurse.
- Shared rooms: Visits for our shared rooms do need to be scheduled with a space that allows for social distancing. Please contact Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-233-4488 to schedule your time.
The Gardens Assisted Living: is open for visiting and please use the Garden Entrance.
Windermere Way: is open for visiting, please use main entrance.
As required by CMS, we share our total number of COVID-19 cases to date. Since March 2020, St. Gertrude’s has a total of 23 patients, 22 resident 71 associates and 5 contract employees test positive. All patients and residents have discharged from our COVID-19 unit and all employees have recovered. Five residents and four associates in The Gardens and two associates at Windermere Way have tested positive. All have recovered.
Practicing Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Please continue to practice good infection control measures including: wearing a face mask, washing hands, maintaining social distance and staying home if not feeling well. We encourage you and your family to take advantage of the vaccination opportunities. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you, particularly those who are at increased risk for severe illness. Getting the vaccine series will not only protect you from being infected; it will help us take a big step towards ending this pandemic.
Infection Control Measures:
We continue our enhanced infection control measures of extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building and the following measures.
For all Residents and Patients
- Monitor and screen residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature, and oxygen levels.
- Provide a mask to wear when staff is in their room or they leave their room for any reason.
- We are currently following MN Department of Health & CMS guidelines for all residents and patients related to dining and activities, which does allow for communal dining and group activities.
If we have COVID-19 positive Residents and Patients:
- Move to special designated unit where they are isolated and cared for by regularly scheduled associates. Their condition is closely monitored. Family and their physician are notified.
For Associates, contract employees and vendors:
- Screening associates for signs and symptoms prior to beginning work each day.
- All associates are required to wear a face mask and eye protection.
Our next updated is anticipated on Tuesday August 3, 2021 Please check our hotline (952) 206-8945- for updates on our situation