At Benedictine Living Community-Shakopee, protecting the health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority. We appreciate all the support that we receive from residents, patients and their families.
St. Gertrude’s – 200s 400s, 1000s, and 2000s units – are open for general indoor visitation. You must still screen in and wear a mask.
The Gardens is open for general indoor visits. Please use the Gardens entrance. You must still screen in and wear a mask.
Windermere Way is open for general indoor visits. Please screen in and wear a mask.
We look forward to the day when COVID-19 is vanquished. Until then, we appreciate your cooperation as we comply with the requirements applicable to senior care facilities.
Benedictine Living Community-Shakopee has been providing regular COVID-19 testing as required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and as needed testing for residents, patients and employees with symptoms. Testing enables us to better protect our residents and staff by identifying those who may be positive, but are not having any symptoms. Once identified, we can implement additional infection control measures quickly to better care for those who may be infected. We will update our hotline, 952-206-8945, if our testing identifies any new positive results.
We continue to monitor all our residents, patients and staff for signs and symptoms of the virus. Because the health and wellness of our residents and associates is our priority, we have implemented all recommended measures to prevent the spread of this virus on our campus. We are also in close communication with our local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps.
Practicing Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Please continue to practice good infection control measures including: wearing a face mask, washing hands, maintaining social distance and staying home if not feeling well. We encourage you and your family to take advantage of the COVID-19 vaccination opportunities. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you, particularly those who are at increased risk for severe illness. Getting the vaccine series will not only protect you from being infected; it will help us take a big step towards ending this pandemic.
Infection Control Measures:
We continue our enhanced infection control measures of extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building and the following measures.
For all Residents and Patients:
- Monitor and screen residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature, and oxygen levels.
- Provide a mask to wear when staff is in their room or they leave their room for any reason.
- We are currently following MN Department of Health and CMS guidelines for all residents and patients related to dining and activities, which does allow for communal dining and group activities.
If we have COVID-19 positive Residents and Patients:
- Move to special designated unit where they are isolated and cared for by regularly scheduled associates. Their condition is closely monitored. Family and their physician are notified.
For Associates, contract employees and vendors:
- Screening associates for signs and symptoms prior to beginning work each day.
- All associates are required to wear a face mask and eye protection.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with all these measures during this unprecedented time.