Important Coronavirus Information
At Benedictine Living Community-Minneapolis, our priority is the health, wellness and safety of our residents and associates. We are in close communications with our state and local health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the spread of the virus.
Visitors are welcome any time during our visiting hours. Visitors are advised that there is a risk for becoming infected by COVID-19 when there are active cases in our building.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the Core Principles of Infection Control, including practicing good hand hygiene, wearing a face covering or mask that covers the mouth and nose, and physically distancing from other residents and staff.
- Visitors who have had a positive viral test for COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, or who currently meet the criteria for quarantine, are asked to delay their visit until their quarantine period has ended.
- While CMS does not recommend visitation when a resident is actively infected with COVID-19 or in quarantine, residents may still choose to have visitors. The Core Principles of Infection Control need to be followed.
You can further help protect our residents and staff by taking an over-the-counter COVID-19 test prior to visiting. This strategy helps to keep those who are ill from carrying COVID-19 onto our campus to our residents and staff. Thank you for your cooperation with all these safety measures.
Protect yourself and your loved ones with a COVID-19 vaccine!
COVID-19 vaccines are the best protection against serious illness. We recommend that everyone stay up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters to protect themselves and those they love. The COVID-19 vaccine is free and readily available. Not sure where? Check out www.vaccines.gov, text your zip code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location near you.
Our COVID-19 Update:
Benedictine Living Community-Minneapolis is providing regular coronavirus testing as required and as needed to residents and employees experiencing symptoms. This testing helps to identify those who may have the virus and many not show symptoms so we can care for them and potentially limit transmission to others. We will post an update on our hotline – 612-540-3140 – if our testing identifies any new positive cases.
We remain in contact with our local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the virus from spreading.
Infection Control Measures
Since March 2020, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus continues to:
- Monitor residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Provide face masks for residents to wear if they chose.
- Encourage employees to monitor themselves for illness. If experiencing symptoms, to obtain a COVID-19 test, self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Require all employees to wear personal protective equipment as directed by state and federal guidance.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers, who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We all remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.