Important Coronavirus Information
At Benedictine Living Community-La Crosse, our priority is the health and wellness of our residents and associates. We know that the frail and elderly are especially susceptible to the coronavirus. That is why we have been doing everything we can to prevent the spread of this virus onto our campus.
Visitors are welcome any time during our visiting hours. Visitors are advised that there is a risk for becoming infected by COVID-19 when there are active cases in our building.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the Core Principles of Infection Control, including practicing good hand hygiene, wearing a face covering or mask that covers the mouth and nose when requested, and physically distancing from other residents and staff.
- Visitors who have had a positive viral test for COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, or who currently meet the criteria for quarantine, are asked to delay their visit until their quarantine period has ended.
- While CMS does not recommend visitation when a resident is actively infected with COVID-19 or in quarantine, residents may still choose to have visitors. The Core Principles of Infection Control need to be followed.
You can further help protect our residents and staff by taking an over-the-counter COVID-19 test prior to visiting. This strategy helps to keep those who are ill from carrying COVID-19 onto our campus to our residents and staff. Thank you for your cooperation with all these safety measures.
Protect yourself and your loved ones with a COVID-19 vaccine!
COVID-19 vaccines are the best protection against serious illness. We recommend that everyone stay up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters to protect themselves and those they love. The COVID-19 vaccine is free and readily available. Not sure where? Check out www.vaccines.gov, text your zip code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location near you.
Benedictine Living Community – La Crosse is providing regular coronavirus testing as required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and as needed coronavirus testing for residents, tenants and employees with symptoms. Testing enables us to better protect our residents and staff by identifying those who may be positive, but are not having any symptoms. Once identified, we can implement additional infection control measures quickly to better care for those who may be infected.
Infection Control Measures:
Since March 2020, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus continues to:
- Monitor residents for symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Provide face masks for residents to wear if they chose.
- Encourage employees to monitor themselves for illness. If experiencing symptoms, to obtain a COVID-19 test, self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Require all employees to wear personal protective equipment as directed by state and federal guidance.
We sincerely thank our residents, their families and our staff for their patience and dedication as we keep the safety, health and wellness of our residents and associates our top priority. Please feel free to contact us at 608-788-9870 with any additional questions or concerns. We’re here for you and your loved one!