Important COVID-19 Information
At Benedictine Living Community-Red Wing, our priority is the health and wellness of our residents and employees. We know that the frail and elderly are especially susceptible to the coronavirus. That is why we have been doing everything we can to prevent the spread of this virus onto our campus.
Visitors are now welcome any time during our visiting hours. Please be aware that there may be a risk for becoming infected by COVID-19 when there are active cases on our campus. We take all recommended infection and prevention control precautions, but becoming infected is always a possibility.
All visitors are reminded to follow the infection control guidelines:
- All visitors must still complete a health screening and follow the Core Principles of Infection Control, including practicing good hand hygiene, wearing a face covering or mask that covers the mouth and nose when requested and physically distancing at least six feet from other residents and staff.
- Visitors who have had a positive viral test for COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19, or who currently meet the criteria for quarantine, should not enter the facility. Visitors need to understand that there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19 when visiting.
- For the health and safety of visitors and all residents, visits should take place in the residents’ room (if private) or in a common space where physical distancing can be followed.
- While CMS does not recommend visitation when a resident is actively infected with COVID-19 or in quarantine, residents may still choose to have visitors. The Core Principles of Infection Control need to be followed.
You can further help protect our residents and staff by taking an over-the-counter COVID-19 test prior to visiting. This strategy helps to keep those who are ill from carrying COVID-19 onto our campus to our residents and staff. Thank you for your cooperation with all these safety measures.
Protect yourself and your loved ones with a COVID-19 vaccine!
Getting vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you, particularly those who are at increased risk for severe illness. If you are unvaccinated or in need of a booster, the COVID-19 vaccine is readily available. Not sure where? Check out vaccines.gov, text your zip code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find a location near you. Still have questions? Click this link for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine from the CDC. We look forward to the day when COVID-19 is vanquished. Until then, we appreciate your cooperation as we comply with the requirements applicable to senior care facilities.
Benedictine Living Community-Red Wing is offering coronavirus testing coronavirus testing as required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Testing is also offered as needed to residents and employees with symptoms. Once identified, we can implement additional infection control measures quickly to better care for those who may be infected.
Infection Control Measures
- Since March 2020, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus continues to:
- Monitor residents for symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Provide face masks for residents to wear if they chose.
- Encourage employees to monitor themselves for illness. If experiencing symptoms, to obtain a COVID-19 test, self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Require all employees to wear personal protective equipment as directed by state and federal guidance.
We sincerely thank our residents, their families and our staff for their patience and dedication as we keep the safety, health and wellness of our residents and associates our top priority. Given the coronavirus situation is changing frequently, we will be working hard to provide additional information on this page and through other communication methods as it becomes available.