Important Coronavirus Information
April 7, 2021
At Benedictine Living Community-Ellendale, our priority is the health and wellness of our residents and employees. We know that the frail and elderly are especially susceptible to the coronavirus. That is why we have been doing everything we can to prevent the spread of this virus onto our campus.
We are thankful to have been able to provide residents and employees the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. We encourage everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you, particularly those who are at increased risk for severe illness. Getting these shots will not only protect you from being infected; it will help us take a big step towards ending this pandemic.
Until all are able to receive the vaccine, we urge all to remain vigilant with wearing face masks, to wear them properly, practicing good hand hygiene and maintaining social distance.
Benedictine Living Community – Ellendale is able to resume indoor visitation. The procedures remain the same. Please call Ann at 349-6707 or Courtney at 349-6704 to schedule a visit. Window and virtual visits are also available.
All visitors need to be screened for COVID-19 before their visit, wear a well-fitting face mask for the duration of their visit, maintain social distance from other residents and staff, practice good hand hygiene and remain in the resident’s room or designated visiting space. Visitors who have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to their visit will not be allowed into the building. Your cooperation with these measures is greatly appreciated.
Due our county’s COVID-19 test positivity rate, Benedictine Living Community-Ellendale is providing COVID-19 testing to our employees, residents and tenants twice each week. This effort helps to identify those who may have the virus and may not show symptoms so we can care for them and potentially limit transmission to others. Please check our hotline at 701-349-6733 for the latest COVID-19 update.
We continue to monitor all our residents and associates for signs and symptoms of the virus. We also remain in close communication with our local and state health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the virus from spreading on our campus. Thank you so much for your cooperation with these measures.
Infection Control Measures
Because our residents’ and associates’ health and wellness is our priority, Benedictine Ellendale has implemented all recommended measures to prevent the spread of this virus on our campus. All our associates are following the latest infection control protocols from the CDC to protect the health and safety of our residents and themselves, including:
- Monitoring and screening residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature and oxygen levels.
- Providing masks to all residents to wear when caregivers are in their room.
- Implementing socially distanced meal service and activities.
- Restricted visitation per our state guidance. All visitors must be screened and free of symptoms before they are allowed to enter with protective precautions in place.
- Encouraged health care providers to use telehealth when possible.
- Screened staff prior to beginning work for symptoms. Employees are not allowed in the building if they are ill. Any employee who exhibits symptoms is instructed to self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Required all employees to wear face masks and eye protection while providing care.
- Implementing enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers, who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We all remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.