Benedictine communities recognized in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Nursing Homes” reportNovember 14, 2019
Benedictine, a leading faith-based provider of senior care and living services in the Midwest, announced 14 communities received the top high-performing recognition in overall quality in the nursing home category and/or in the category of overall quality of short-stay rehabilitation, as noted in the recently released 2019-2020 U.S. News and World Report “Best Nursing Homes” report.
More than 15,000 nursing homes across the country were evaluated and received one of five Overall Quality ratings – High Performing, Better than Average, Average, Worse than Average, or Poor. Those with sufficient relevant volume also received one of three Short-Stay Rehabilitation Overall Quality ratings – High Performing, Average, or Below Average. The ratings are based on U. S. News and World Report’s own in-depth analysis of data from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and include data such as success in preventing ER visits, pneumonia vaccination rates and staffing levels, specifically concerning federal standards for registered nurses.
Benedictine communities receiving the top honor of High-Performing in both the overall quality nursing home and overall quality short-stay rehabilitation categories are:
- Benedictine Health Center at Innsbruck, New Brighton, Minn.
- Benedictine Living Community of Wausau, Wis.
- Cerenity Care Center – Marian of St. Paul, Minn.
- Clement Manor, Greenfield, Wis.
The top honor of High-Performing in overall quality nursing home category was awarded to:
- Nazareth Living Center, St. Louis, Mo.
- St. Benedict’s Health Center, Dickinson, N.D.
Overall quality short-stay rehabilitation top honors of High-Performing were received by:
- Benedictine Living Community of Duluth, Minn.
- Benedictine Living Community of St. Peter, Minn.
- Cerenity Care Center – White Bear Lake, Minn.
- Cerenity Residence – Humboldt, St. Paul, Minn.
- Living Community of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Regina Senior Living, Hastings, Minn.
- St. Gabriel’s Community, Bismarck, N.D.
- St. Gertrude’s Health & Rehabilitation, Shakopee, Minn.
“These communities have acted to improve the quality of the care and services they provide. Their results were achieved though high intention, diligent effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution,” said Jeri Reinhardt, RN, Benedictine vice president of clinical services and performance excellence.
“Congratulations and thank you to the administrators and associates at these communities for their hard work and dedication in providing quality compassionate care to those they serve daily,” said Jerry Carley, Benedictine president/CEO. “The excitement and commitment to quality care for our residents and guests is striking and I look forward to our continued journey on Benedictine’s path to excellence.”